DW-ShipConsult is Germany’s leading company for noise and vibration (N&V) control on ships.
We advise our customers on how to reduce the noise on board, the underwater noise emissions or noise emissions during a port call.
Our N&V analysis and planning of mitigation measures aim for compliance with current regulations for commercial vessels (SOLAS: IMO Code MSC.337(91)), class notations or special acoustic demands (e.g. for yachts or military vessels).
Our second branch focuses on underwater acoustics. We measure, analyze and calculate sound propagation in the oceans. During more than 60 measurement deployments we documented and analysed the effect of anthropogenic sound on marine mammals. In various research and simulation projects for German environmental agencies we assessed the acoustic impact of exploration, hydroacoustic and marine construction equipment on the underwater environment.
We are part of an EU network aiming at assessing, mapping and reducing shipping noise in the European waters.
- Noise and vibration analysis of ships during design phase
- Recommendations on noise countermeasures
- Development of customized noise control solutions for ship engine / machinery / gear manufacturers
- Underwater radiated noise control for special purpose ships (Research, Navy)
- Investigations and solutions for N&V problems
- Measurement of noise and vibration on ships
- Long-term measurement of underwater noise
- Measurement of underwater radiated noise of ships, hydroacoustic equipment or construction sites
Research / Studies
- Modelling of anthropogenic noise propagation in the oceans
- Ship noise effects and countermeasures in ports
- Effects of offshore wind park construction on the underwater acoustic environment